Friday, April 07, 2006

52 Things: A Sweetpea Challenge.

1. FIRST NAME? Mia, Mimi, Mootsie. Depends on who and when.
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Great-grandmothers on each side.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Storycorps from NPR just came to the MLK Center in Atlanta a few weeks ago and they play them every morning. The last one was a conversation between a white mother and daughter. The mom took a stand after schools were integrated and sent her daughter to public school where she was the only white girl. The mom was upset that she didn't do enough during that time, but took some solace in the fact that she raised four children who were free of hatred and prejudice. I'm tearing up again; it was such a nice story.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Half the time.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Like Sweetpea: Eww.
6. KIDS? Emmylou, Ruby and Gustopher.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I'd like to think so.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? an erratically written-in journal.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? occasionally. but not the biting kind.
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Absolutely not. Nor would I jump out of a plane. Like watching scary movies, it just doesn't seem like much fun.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? So many to choose from! I love Golden Grahams, but don't really let myself buy them. You know what? I really like Basic 4.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nope.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Depends on what kinda strong were talking about here. I've been both amazingly weak and amazingly strong.
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? oooh. how can I decide? Historically it was B&J's Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Rox and I would buy a pint every other day in college. Lately I really like Pistachio Pistachio.
16. SHOE SIZE? 8 1/2.
17. RED OR PINK? Red. And sometimes pink.
18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I don't do well with rejection.
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Too many to count.
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Don't understand the question. I second that SP.
21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES YOU ARE WEARING? Blue jeans and red clogs.
22. LAST THING YOU ATE? I inhaled half of a reuben last night before rushing off to a terrible musical called Urinetown. The name should've told me something.
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? People whispering in a coffee shop.
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Lemon Yellow. I think Crayola retired it back in 1990.
25. FAVORITE SMELL? roses, grass, and french fries.
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My friend Phillip. He just invited me to the Dogwood Festival this afternoon.
27. FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Hair? Rox taught me that in a big crowd of strangers, I should first look at the shoes. It's been pretty good advice over the years.
28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yay!
29. FAVORITE DRINK? Evian. I know it's obnoxious, but I can't help it. It tastes so much better.
30. FAVORITE SPORT? baseball.
31. HAIR COLOR? brownish.
32. EYE COLOR? hazely.
33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? glasses.
34. FAVORITE FOOD? Tikka Masala. I like turkey bacon alot too.
35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? There's really no question at all here for me. scary movies are just that: scary.
36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? I rented Singles a few weeks ago for old times. I don't think I've been to the theatre since Matchpoint.
37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Green!
38. SUMMER OR WINTER? summer!
39. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs.
40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Bananas Foster.
41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? mimi!
42. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I'm not really sending it anywhere.
43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? I'm ready Moneyball. It's a book about baseball. I've really never read a book about baseball, but it's really good.
44. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? no mouse pad. no mouse, really.
45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Nothing.
46. FAVORITE SOUNDS? My dad's whistling.
47. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? They each have their place.
48. THE FARTHEST YOU BEEN FROM HOME? Poland? I think.
49. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Birthin' babies.
50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Pensacola 1977.
51. WHAT CONDITION ARE YOUR HANDS AND FEET IN? A little dry.
52. WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE AUTHOR? I've read more John Irving than anything else.

3 Comments:

Blogger sweetpea said...

YAAAAAAy. I wish you wrote on you blog more. Please write some of your birthing stories!! They fascinate me!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Mexican Beauty said...

first look at the shoes....that's how i met matt simpson.

10:55 AM  
Blogger mimi said...

orange spray-painted doc martens

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home